Pizza dough is a basic recipe for leavened dough.
Few ingredients: flour, water, yeast, oil and salt to prepare at home the classic pizza in the pan, the Neapolitan pizza with "cornice", the crisp and thin Roman pizza, the soft pizzas, the stuffed trousers, the focaccia or the tasty fried pizza.
- 300 gr of '00' type flour
- 200 gr of manitoba flour
- 300 ml of water at room temperature
- 10 gr of fresh brewer's yeast
- 10 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 gr of fine salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- In a large bowl or in the planetary mixer put the water, the beer yeast and the sugar, mix until the yeast dissolves completely. Gradually pour in the flour and knead so that it is completely absorbed by the water. Continue until the flour is finished and completely absorbed. Also add the salt and oil and continue to knead for 10 minutes, until the dough has detached from the walls of the bowl and you have obtained a soft dough.
- Put the dough to rise directly in the planetary mixer or in a clean bowl, covered with a cloth until doubled in volume (you can put it in the oven off with the light on at 26-28 ° C), in about 2 hours it will rise.
- Once the leavening time has elapsed, the dough will be beautifully swollen, then transfer it to the slightly floured work surface and divide it in half. Give a fold to the dough, (imagine that the sphere is divided into 4 parts, take the end of each one, pull it gently and fold it towards the center) finally give it the shape of a sphere, turn it upside down and proceed with the pirling, i.e. round it turning it in your hands or on the work surface giving it a regular spherical shape. The paste must never be torn because it would ruin the glutinic mesh already formed.
- Transfer the dough on a tray and let rise for at least another 4 hours (even 6 hours in winter) always covered with plastic wrap or with a cloth. After the time, gently take each piece of dough, roll it out with your hands or a rolling pin, helping yourself with the flour so as not to stick it until you get the desired shape. This procedure will be carried out using the fingers of both hands, with a movement that gives the idea of pushing the air contained in the dough to the edges, pressing and rotating it several times to obtain a uniform result.
- Grease the pan, or put some parchment paper, and lay the dough until it covers the whole surface. Let it rise again for 1 hour, after which you can proceed with the seasonings and cooking.
Homemade bread is a great satisfaction. An intoxicating scent will flood your kitchens when it is cooking. Then at the table there's a whole other taste.
The Bronte pistachio bread is a fantastic bread, made with the chopped pistachios, olive oil and flour. A bread with a very soft crumb, a fragrant crust and an inebriating fragrance.
Share this page
I await your opinions, feedback and suggestions, if there are any. If you enjoyed this recipe, don't forget to share it with your friends!