Taralli are a typical Apulian specialty, both crunchy and irresistible.
A delicious snack to prepare at home with simple ingredients such as flour, olive oil, white wine and salt. Their combination with cold cuts and cheeses is highly appreciated.
- 500 gr of 00 flour
- 100 ml of water
- 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml of dry white wine
- fine salt
- fennel seeds or other spices at will
1. Pour the oil, wine and water into a bowl and mix with a fork. Add the sifted flour and knead. After a couple of minutes add the salt and work well with your hands until a homogeneous and compact mixture is obtained. Eventually add the other ingredients you have selected to flavor your taralli. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes in a bowl covered with cling film.
2. After the rest, take the dough and cut the dough into small pieces. Spread them out to make some small cylinders (1 cm thick and 12 cm long) to be rolled around the finger, closing them at the ends. So you will have made the tarallini.
3. In the meantime, bring a pot of slightly salted water to the boil. Boil the taralli, a few at a time, and as soon as they rise to the surface, drain them and put them to dry on a clean cloth, taking care to turn them over so that they do not stick together.
4. After this operation, place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake them in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 30 minutes, however until completely golden.
Taralli can be flavored according to your tastes and desires: with onion, chilli pepper, olives, fennel seeds, pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds, dried tomatoes and much more.
The cioppini or braids of taralli, are small savory morsels ideal for a snack, an aperitif or as a valid accompaniment for cheeses, meats and jams. They are therefore versatile for breakfast, snack and meal. Few and simple ingredients for a super tasty result!
Homemade bread is a great satisfaction. An intoxicating scent will flood your kitchens when it is cooking. Then at the table there's a whole other taste.
The Bronte pistachio bread is a fantastic bread, made with the chopped pistachios, olive oil and flour. A bread with a very soft crumb, a fragrant crust and an inebriating fragrance.
Share this page
I await your opinions, feedback and suggestions, if there are any. If you enjoyed this recipe, don't forget to share it with your friends!